
Bourbon Street by day...

We arrived in New Orleans on St. Patrick's day! We arrived at our hotel in the late afternoon just long enough to drop off our luggage. We ate dinner at NOLA's (one of Emeril's restaurants) and walked along the Mississippi River back to our hotel on Canal Street afterwards. It was a very nice evening.
The following morning we headed over to Cafe De Monde for breakfast. The famous cafe au lait and beignet (french donuts) is a proper breakfast in New Orleans. The weather was beautiful and we had a few hours until we could board the cruise ship.
John took these pictures of some of the more interesting parts of New Orleans. What is a trip to NOLA though without visiting Bourbon Street? If the sounds of the police sirens the night before were any indication of how crazy it can get on Bourbon Street, I'm happy I was safe in our little hotel room. I'm not sure that I could handle that kind of crazy anymore!
The following morning we headed over to Cafe De Monde for breakfast. The famous cafe au lait and beignet (french donuts) is a proper breakfast in New Orleans. The weather was beautiful and we had a few hours until we could board the cruise ship.
John took these pictures of some of the more interesting parts of New Orleans. What is a trip to NOLA though without visiting Bourbon Street? If the sounds of the police sirens the night before were any indication of how crazy it can get on Bourbon Street, I'm happy I was safe in our little hotel room. I'm not sure that I could handle that kind of crazy anymore!
No comments:
Post a Comment