After packing and loading everything I thought we'd need on our vacation, we hit the open road bound for Florida! Of course, there were a few things I forgot that required a stop (or two or three) at CVS and Target. But that always happens. The more frustrating thing is the fact there were several items I packed that we didn't even touch. Oh, well! Better to be over prepared, I guess.
Our first day of travel would end in Duluth, Georgia, where we spent the night with John's sister and her family. The boys were so excited to play with their cousin, Gina. We arrived around 7:00 pm and let the kids play outside in the backyard since they had spent the last twelve hours in the car. The next morning we loaded everyone back into the car and headed for Florida. Eleven hours later, we arrived at our rented condo just in time to see the sun setting. We all rushed out to the beach to see the spectical. The sand was pure white and oh, so soft. The waves were gentle and splashed onto shore as the big orange ball sank into the ocean. Alex explained to us that the Sun needed to take a nap. So did we. We went back into the codo to unpack and get some sleep.
We rented a codo called La Plage 5, and it was perfect! It had two bedrooms and an office where I set up Tyler's pack-n-play. There was a veranda with a view of the ocean. The kitchen was well equiped and even had a laundry room (like I wanted to do laundry). The living room had a huge flat screen TV and each of the bedrooms also had a TV/DVD. This worked out nice because Tyler was constantly asking to watch "Choo Choo!" (Thomas the Train).
I'll post more pictures when I have some more time...
No comments:
Post a Comment